Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Crazy MLK Day

Yesterday was a crazy up and down day. My day started with a session with a client I never work with at home anymore (since I take him to school) and I realized how much I miss that relationship with him. Then I got to go to OMSI with another client which was super fun but ended in tears because he didn't want to leave.


Then I went to the zoo as a farewell session to a client I have worked with for a few years. It was very fun but pretty sad trip for me. He isn't the first client I have said good bye to but I feel like this is the first good bye of many as I transition into my new field. This is going to be a tough transition! But, I did get to see the new baby elephant.



Steve and I ended our day going to see the Bucks stay within a point range that they could pull ahead but never did. They ended up letting over 50 rebounds go to the Blazers! Kind of embarrassing.



One thing about the game that totally surprised me was the National Anthem. I realized that I haven't been proud of my country for quite some time and I was moved to tears. I am so excited that I am able to intern from home today and watch the inaugaration. I am anxious to see what we as a country can accomplish in the next four years.

No comments: