Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It has been awhile since I have had time to update. Needless to say, the start of the term/internship/remodeling/work/life has been a bit overwhelming lately. I think I am finally getting a grasp on what my next month or so will be like but I am already looking forward to spring break, and even more importantly, graduating.

The remodel has experienced a few minor set backs, but we have faith that all will all be resolved. We spent a very long Saturday priming the lower cabinets and painting the bathroom. Currently, the counter tops are being tiled, and looking beautiful. I am hoping to spend some time this weekend working on painting the upper cabinets as well since when the plumbing is done (1/19) it would be GREAT to be able to start washing up some of the dishes and putting them away.





As for my internship...I realized that I haven't had a new job in almost 6 years and it is crazy to not know what I am doing again. That being said, I am having a great time. I have spent a lot of time reading literature and getting acclimated. Next week, I will start working on the communication and outreach plan as well as starting the evaluation for the EcoSafe Home class I will be working on. Last Tuesday, my hours were spent at a rally at the Oregon State Capital. I have never been to a rally before and I had a lot of fun. There was lots of energy and a bunch of politicians whom I voted for but have never seen in person.



Steve hasn't been doing a whole lot out of the ordinary. He took his First Aid, CPR class and learned how to use a defibrillator. I guess the videos were pretty graphic so he is glad he doesn't have to do it for another 2 years. He has been too busy with house stuff and Mario Cart to get much done on his cd cover but hopefully, that will be done shortly. Other than that, work as usual and getting excited about the crazy weather nationwide. We CANNOT believe how cold it is in WI.

No comments: