Thursday, May 6, 2010

2 MONTH APPOINTMENT

We just left our 2 month well child appointment and all is looking great. Owen is 13 pounds (85th percentile) and 24 inches long (95th percentile). He is super strong, which seems to surprise the pediatrician considering his size as bigger babies meet their gross motor milestones later. He is showing great head control, is starting to do his baby push-ups and is also starting to bear weight on his legs for short intervals (longest I have counted is 7 seconds but still, he is only 2 months old).

We are all assuming that he truly does have an egg intolerance, although there is no way of knowing for sure. His eczema cleared up very quickly after I took it out of my diet. I also just learned that Owen's Great Uncle Tim has an egg allergy...so there may be a connection that I wasn't aware of. So, to be on the safe side, only vegan baked goods for Mommy and I still can't partake in my very missed smoked salmon eggs Benedict. Oh well, at least I can still eat cheese and ice cream :)

Steve was able to successfully give Owen a bottle last weekend, so now Daddy can sooth and Mommy can leave the house alone...
I am hoping for one of those things...what was it called...when two adults who care about each other go out and have a good time...oh yeah, a date. Dan and Mary are coming into town in a couple weeks and I am already checking out the movie listings.

We haven't been very good about taking pictures, but here are a few.





No comments: